« Home | What Do I Do? » | GG Weight Loss » | Dystopian Literature and Gaming » | Focus and Direction » | OORGLE » | Oh. My. God. » | What Does It Mean To Be Rich? » | Sunday Fires » | Guys...Seriously...Disgaea 2/Disgaea Anime » | Oh yeah! » 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 

Advice

I just find it morbidly amusing that the word vice can be found in the word advice, which is exactly what my advisor gives me every time I see her.

Now that I've gotten that quip out of the way...

I go in today to find that most of the classes I have taken this semester were, in fact, electives that served to merely satiate my academic curiosity. Unfortunately that also means that they most likely don't count towards anything. I had this grand dream of taking three classes next semester, one in which I would write a 200 page book which would aid in developing my publishable writing and two others which are just fascinating; taught by two professors who I currently have right now.

Unfortunately, it looks like next semester will be work in its most basic form. I need to take approximately five courses which I could care less about in order to knock some English Major requirements out of the way. My advisor recommended that I only take one of these requirements per semester because supposedly they are loaded, but one of my TA friends nearly shit himself when he heard how much work I get in Grossman's class which leads me to believe that if I can handle what Grossman tosses my way, then I can handle these courses.

So, I'll hopefully be getting rid of my requirements this upcoming semester. I desperately need to just finish all of this business so that I can take the classes I enjoy and specialize into something that makes my emotions run wild. As it is I'm already upset that I most likely won't be able to take Thomas Dean's class on a variety of literature between 1900 to today, but more importantly i'm angry that I most likely won't be able to take Grossman's novel writing course because I need a 223W for a requirement...I guess I'll save it for senior year, but I'm still pretty disgruntled about it.

I enjoy learning, but I find all these rules and structure annoying. Once again they strap those academic chains around my body and restrict me from pursuing my desires. Perhaps I was made for grad school...

Oh well...I wish I could stay in school forever. I love talking to these professors. I love talking to the TAs and I love the class discussions. I may not look like it sometimes, but I'm usually attentive and thinking about whatever is being discussed. Maybe the deceitful manipulation found in rhetorical writing should be mastered for good and not for evil...aka teaching instead of working for some slack jawed senator whos only concern is the next re election campaign.

Oh, someone's jaded.

Sorry to hear you cant take the classes you want. The novel writing class i bet would be cool to take, it would be nice to take something like that. But time consuming I bet. Shouldnt have your advisor told you last semester when you picked your classes that they werent worth credit towards your major?
PooHeads! heh. You are really busy this semester and you seem to have an enormous amount of work, you could prolly handle anything the basic classes throw at you.
As for me, i feel like completely owning myself next semester and im taking Latin, Greek, Italian, 19th Century Europe and US History I. Huzzah. lol. But hopefully for me next semester wont be as much of a chore since this semester im going to seriously work on my latin and italian to be prepared for next year. YARR!!! The Ancient Languages call to meee...i dont think im finishing in 4 years either...doh, unless i take summer classes.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Admin
  • From United States
  • Starcraft 2 Build Orders is the place for information, resources, and recent articles from the community on Terran build orders, Zerg build orders, and Protoss build orders. If you are interested in becoming a better Starcraft 2 player and taking your first steps by perfecting a build order, this website will show you where to go for the best SC2 build order tools developed by the community.
My profile